Thursday, April 25, 2013

It's Time To (Cos)Play The Game! Yes, Triple H Reference

Whats up, peeps! Okay…first off I KNOW I SAID I WOULD BE AROUND MORE OFTEN. Well, you are my children and I am a black man so be lucky I see you once a year and take you to the park at all! Just kidding, I am genuinely sorry. Blogging has gotten harder since I have gotten older so bear with me sometimes.

So last weekend was StarFest 2013 and let me first off say this: it is good to find people that feel like you when it comes to women because it makes your frustration less…frustrating. Sometimes, women just be fucking trippin. As dudes, we be trippin, too. With two people traveling with nowhere to unpack, you just end up roaming around with some baggage and never find what you are looking for. DEEP! Now you know I have blogged about cosplay…never. You all know I really don’t care about it even though I respect those who do. It’s like how I feel about golf. I could give a shit, but I know how hard it is because I have tried it and I have the upmost respect for them. I just would rather fight Vader after finding out the buffet is out of chicken wings than play or watch it:

I aint messing with THAT dude. So you now have a frame of reference before you cosplayers get all pissy about not respecting your talent and work. With that being said, there is a movement among cosplayers about the aspect of the entry of the real world into their medium and the critique of their work. Recently I am seeing cosplayers talk about how they are tired of being viewed and treated as sex objects at conventions and…when they are dressed in costume randomly (Which is a whole other bit of fuckery that makes me want to slap the shit out of people but I will save that for later). Which to a certain extent, I can respect. Everyone deserves to be respected what they do, what they make and eventually what they wear and should not be vilified, objectified or even judged for it. With that said to make everyone feel warm and fuzzy, it is time to be quite honest with you…Jericho, if you wouldn’t mind:
I hate to say it, but it has to be reiterated. We all want to be accepted for who we are but guess what?

SHIT AINT GONNA HAPPEN. 

The simple fact is this: people are going to think about you whatever the hell they want to. You know what? Fuck ‘em. Fuck ‘em up against the wall! Not in the good way like Ike did Tina in “What’s Love Got To Do With It.” There are people who are going to say “she is too fat for that” or “wow, her boobs need to be bigger to make that work” and to that I say….in their mind, they are right. Just like in your mind it was wrong for them to say it. It is their fucking opinion. Just like you may get on a forum (Or FACEBOOK) and talk about how they are wrong for judging their body or critiquing their costume in such a manner…that is an opinion as well. You are no more right than they are to them than they are to you. In other words…it’s not that gangsta. They say something you don’t agree with. Big fucking deal. Have a coke and a smile and shut the fuck up. Yes, I see the irony of a post about that particular mindset defeats the purpose but I haven’t had a drink in a few hours so I am pissed off. I will make it up to you all soon, I will post about K-Pop or something. PROMISE!

So one thing that actually does piss me off is when the argument of “respecting the cosplayer” comes up, men are usually the culprit of the asshatery. I have seen it in action so I won’t argue that in the slightest. However…saying “ALL MEN ARE ASSHOLES!” on a forum of your friends and contemporaries doesn’t really…do anything. It’s like saying “I HATE NIGGERS!” at a Klan rally to Klan members. No shit! You aren’t going to hear one Klansman go “Hey! I like 2 Chainz!” in defense of Black people. That said, dudes that sit back and say “Yeah, all men are pigs” and “I respect all women because they are all beautiful” you can…you know what, I will let The People’s Champ handle this one:
Seriously, I understand that you respect all women and blah blah blah because they are all beautiful. No…no they aren't  Not everyone is beautiful. Doesn’t mean they can’t dress how they want to, though. Case in point; I know I am not skinny in the slightest way. You know what else? If I wanted to cosplay as Dante from Devil May Cry, I could do that. Show off my beefy, beefy abs and biceps. However, I don’t do that. You know why? NOBODY WANTS TO SEE THAT SHIT! Including me. Just because you can, doesn’t mean you should. Always remember that. With that being said, to sit back and say “all men are assholes” because some men are judging cosplayers…on a forum…about cosplay…is really kind of making a leap of faith here (Tallest Smurf Theory rears its ugly head because WHO GIVES A FUCK) because you are looking at a small group and making a blanket statement about a group of people of which the larger portion of the population…wouldn’t give a fuck unless it was told to them. If you have a problem with them, take it up with them. Don’t rope the rest of us into it.

Oh, and for bitch ass niggas out there that are always defending the asshatery of these people (not all of them are women saying that stuff)…show some backbone and stand up for your god damn sex. We all aren’t beasts that can’t control ourselves because some girl in a costume is showing too much boob for logical reasons because she wants to be “accurate to the character” and you fucking know it. Show some pride, defend your sex and let them know they are dealing with fuckwits. Through playing around about this stupidity.

So next time, the blog will be about boobs. Yes, boobs. I have done several about booty because I love the rumpatory. This time, I will focus on boobs and the women that own them…because they are usually stupid. Yep, it should be good.

Stay up, peeps.

Chachi Out

No comments: