Friday, September 21, 2007

It's a Wonderlic Life...Again.

So I took a full Wonderlic test (for those that dont know, it is a supposed aptitude and intelligence test) for two different interviews this week. You know the one that they give NFL players and weight by giving them points for putting their name on it? Yeah, that one. After taking these tests, I realized something:

I AM TOTALLY UNDERUSED

I mean if this test means jack shit (Which I don’t fully believe it does. I put very little stock in it but seeing as how I have taken it no less than seven times companies must) but once again, I did pretty good. I ranted about this about a year and a half ago before I started working at Qwest. I was pissed because I was told I was OVER-FUCKING-QUALIFIED because I got a 42 on the Wonderlic test (The max is a 50 so judge for yourself) and aced the other portions. That and they told me the pay and once again I slipped up and said “What am I, homeless?” and I REALLY need to not do that. I got a 40 yesterday and a 37 today (It was 9am. Sue me) and the recruiter looked at me like I was some sort of freak. Is being unable to take a test the norm?

My main issue is the fact that this test shows nothing. The questions relate to jackshit about anything any job I have ever done actually requires. Also add in the fact that I usually skip and/or guess all the questions that have to do with math and you see this test is utterly and completely worthless. I mean seriously; I ace all of the non-math questions and skip or BS the math questions and I get higher than the average score for a fucking CHEMIST?! Even worse is that adding this up with my IQ (which ranged from 127-137 when I took the tests from High School to college) my total Intelligence Quotient, or IQ totals up to a score of 146, which is supposedly “Highly Gifted” (BULLSHIT! I can barely tie my shoes!). Now that mean that I am pretty much able to read directions and not shoot myself in the face but still. There are people that do that all the time and make more than I do or ever have. To that I say bullshit.

If people were given jobs and paid based on their IQ, the workforce would be screwed up. I mean look at the fact that I have friends with degrees working at Best Buy and Comcast and are making the same as people that are marginal in intelligence and are only qualified for wiping their own ass (which they still do marginally). Last I checked, Communism is bad. So why pay all people the same when their qualifications are not? Peyton Manning makes more than Vince Young (I believe) because he is GOOD. Paying all players the same defeats the want to achieve because you know that no matter how hard you work and no matter how smart you are you will still make the same amount as those that can’t find South Carolina on a map. I know South Carolina sucks but you get the idea.

I just had to get that out. Seeing as how standardized testing got me shit and all a college degree has gotten me is a nifity tassle to hang my NDK passes on, my anger is a tad bit high. But it is what it is. Time to kick it old school!

Anyone remember that one? Worst song ever! Peace out, ya’ll!

Chachi Out

No comments: