Friday, April 13, 2007

MySpace: Where Friends Meet To Give You Fucking Spam.

Good morning everybody! It is a COLD ASS FRIDAY here in the CSP and I must say….it aint so bad. Because the Aqua Teens are gonna make the fellas say ‘ho’ and the ladies wanna scream! Got my tickets and it is time to throw down! Man, this movie better be good with as many times as they have pushed this bad boy back.

So I have a bone to pick with MySpace. Now I really only have MySpace up to supplement my Blogger site (which gets a lot more traffic), piss off Rick with American Idol updates because I know how much he LOVES that show and of course fill out surveys because I am ‘teh lame’. With all that being said, I am having a real big problem with MySpace right now.

When Yahoo became the largest provider of email accounts (I think it was 2003) what was the first thing they did? They beefed up their servers and security. They knew they were going to get a lot more subscribers and there is nothing people hate more than spam. Google is constantly updating their hardware and software for better ways to block out emails for erectile dysfunction and reconsolidated home loans. If I want to reconsolidate my home loan, I will fucking find YOU. Same with AOL, and as a service provider to boot although most of the spam comes from THEM, the probably have the most efficient spam blocker out there. So with that being said, I have a number for you:

108. One hundred and eight.

That is how many friend requests I have gotten this week. At first I was like ‘Holy shit, I’m popular!’ Then I realized that no one wants to be my friend and I looked and said “Hey, I don’t know ‘Get A Free iPod!’ or ‘Check Out My Hot Web Cam!’ at all!” Let’s face it, ‘xxxCutiepie69’ and ‘gimmeanipod1’ are not real people. They are fucking bots. If you don’t know what a ‘bot’ is, it is a fake account that is used for the purpose of annoying the shit out of you. They are why Ticketmaster and forums have that ‘insert the code’ screen so someone actually has to create the account rather than just running a script that can just create hundreds of fake accounts. It is obvious that MySpace either hasn’t figured that out or that Tom is no better at being the administrator as The Dougler was at being the RA on ‘Undergrads’.

I can forgive the fact that every five minutes an ‘unexpected error’ is reported to some fucktard that fixes it only to have another ‘unexpected error’ pop up. I cannot accept total and complete ineptitude. The fix has been done by other online communities (with fewer members and less safeguards i.e. Friendster) and I see no reason why you guys cant put two and two together. I know that it’s easy to say ‘well don’t use MySpace’ but lets face it. That is shitty customer service. Yes, we are your customers because creating your community gets you sponsorships from movies, TV shows and sponsors. If you DON’T fix if, people will go to another online community. See what happened to AOL? They refused to embrace broadband and fell behind the curve. You aren’t Microsoft; you don’t have a lockdown on this market. It is a simple fix that would actually create a better service and alleviate a lot of tech support problems I am sure you are getting due to these fucksticks locking up your servers with their crap. As Teq would say ‘FIX IT!’ It would make things a lot easier on yourselves and your users. Just a thought.
That had been bugging me for a while. I know the Blogger peeps don’t know what I am talking about (odds are you use MySpace, though) but I have to be all encompassing. The Passion of Chachi is for the people. All the people no matter what race, gender, religion or online community they use. Except Facebook.

Before I go, it is time for my blatant Bleach plug! Here is the NEW BADASS OPENING THEME, Alones by Aqua Timez:

In my total nerddom, I was having a discussion with the comic book store guys (yes, I am friends with the comic book store guys. Shut up, they’re cool!) about Bleach on Wednesday and pretty much killed my lunch hour talking about the current Bleach manga and the Hueco Mundo Arc. I also got a sweet ass wall scroll with Ichigo, Rukia, Chad, Orihime, Ishida and THE KON. And I got the angry Kon plushie! It won’t bring the girls to the yard, but it is cool to me and that’s what matters.

Anyway, after discussing the new arc at the comic book store and hearing the lyrics of the song, it fits so well. More so than the other openings (aside from D-Technolife and the first half of the Soul Society Arc) considering what happens and the emotions that come to the forefront (I won’t ruin, but lets just say that Orihime becomes a lot stronger in herself and her feelings) this is the best song to choose. The lyrics fit:

Even if you won’t talk about yesterday,
I’ll still be there to meet you tomorrow.

This one will make sense as the arc goes on. It is going to be good stuff. Well, I will try to be back tomorrow for a review of ATHFCMFFT. Stay warm and stay up, peeps. One last thing from Aqua Timez…

You don’t have to force your smiles for anyone,
It’s okay to smile…for yourself.


Chachi Out.

No comments: