Tuesday, January 31, 2006

First a very sad note. Coretta Scott King, wife of Dr. martin Luther King Jr. passed away after reported after effects of a stroke and heart attack in 2005. Very few times do I take time out to acknowledge passings like this, I usually leave these alone and let the families mourn even during high profile ones like this. However, I must send condolences to the King family. Maya Angelou said it best:

"It's bleak because I can't..many of us can't hear her sweet voice but it's great because she did live, and she was ours. I mean African-Americans and white Americans and Asians, Spanish-speaking, she belonged to us and that's a great thing."

She worked very hard to keep the vision of Dr. King alive. We have no idea how hard it must have been to do that, especially after his death and having to lead this alone in an era where many peopldidn'tnt appreciate the efforts and the previous struggle. Due to this, I will post something else later. May she rest in peace.

Coretta Scott King
4/27/1927 - 1/31/2006

No comments: